2001 Disco II Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JimBonner8

Reaction score
We've owned the auto for about 3-1/2 years. Been a good runner although I did have the head rebuilt about a year and a half ago. Still, all in all, it has been great. I really enjoy driving it!

We got it with 81,000 on it; now have just over 175,000 miles. The head rebuild was done at about 125,000

Just ran into a small problem today -- the driver side window seems to have slipped its track. The window lift motor is working -- I can hear it operating when I hit the rocker switch.

I had hit the switch to auto-lower the window; as the window was fully retracted into the door I heard a clicking noise. I hit the window switch to stop the auto function. When I hit the switch to bring the window up -- I heard the motor working but no movement of the window. Right now the window is down. Thank goodness it's a pleasant day (and looks to be for a few more days).

Any ideas about what it might be -- let me know!

Thanks

Jim

MottMcfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome JIm!

I would re-post your questions to the technical section of this forum.

I'm sure someone there will be able to assist you.

Thanks,

Marty

JimBonner8

Reaction score
Marty

Thanks for the welcome...and my apologies for the long delay responding.

Well, I decided to plunge forward -- I took the interior door panel off & removed the vapor barrier (carefully cutting with a sharp blade). At that point I decided I am not qualified to fully repair it so I got the window back up by hand and used tape to hold it in place (it rained that night). I could see enough, though, to see the regulator needed to be replaced. I purchased a new one, took it to the shop Ive been using for Rover repairs (for 3 years now) where they installed it.

All is continues to work well these 5 months later.

all the best,

Jim

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oledave49