2003 FL Engine Noise... and other things

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

devildocb

Reaction score
A few things to start.. sorry about the horrible grammar and sentence structures... if you don't feel like reading all this, go to the bottom.

Ok so I bought a 2003 FL thinking it would be a good vehicle... All went well for the first month or so and then it was like the bottom just fell out. First thing that happened was the speedometer would work on and off, which was fine with me because I always have my GPS on and it shows the speed. This speedometer problem affects the cruise control (not a big deal, I do more city driving than anything) rendering it useless. Now the check engine light comes on (I ignore it for 3 days). Now the good part, driving home from work I'm getting a little "engine sputter" while losing power going up a bridge and on the way down get this rattle through the steering wheel so bad that it got my adrenaline pumping. The bridge is less than 1/4 mile from my house so I decided to attempt the home stretch. It took my foot almost to the floor to make it across the intersection. When I get home, notice a clicking sound. I get a OBDII reading P305 and P306 (Misfire in 5 and 6). I traded out all the spark plugs and moved coil packs around.. same codes. While doing this, I noticed the breather tubing was cracked, so I ordered a new set of tubing and installed it. That was today.. When I start the vehicle, I feel the rumble through the steering wheel.

After reading all these horror stories, I'm afraid I mad a bad decision on vehicles.

ld;dr:

Bought 2003 FL with 60k
Spedo worked intermittently
Lost acceleration on bridge
Replaced spark plugs and breather tubing.
Still have rough idling, engine clicks, and rumble that can be felt through steering wheel.

any suggestions? I appreciate the help in advance!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM