2005 LR3 18" Rims on a 2002 Disco II?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

mumjh3

Does anyone know if you can put the 18" rims from a 2005 LR3 on a 2002 Discovery II? If so, Does it take a special adapter or different lugs? Thank You.

S

SteveA

I have answered this question at least 3 times before. Here goes again. Yes. Yes, both.

They will fit. You need a hub-centric adaptor and the lug nuts from the LR3. You can find a kit at bearmach.com or look on eBay. You need the adaptor or you will have vibration problems. The lug nuts have a different shape to the shoulder area where they contact the wheel.

Stephen

M

mumjh3

Thanks for the reply, Can I use the hubcentric adaptors that are listed as working with the Range Rover 19" rims or different adaptors? Thanks for the input.

S

SteveA

Yes, the adaptors that are designed to fit 03+ Range Rover wheels to 95-02 Range Rover should also work to fit LR3 wheels to 99+ Discovery II. The LR3 wheels will interchange with 03+ Range Rover by simply change to the correct lug nuts.

Stephen

T

tzucc

Stephen, do you know if there exists a 16" wheel that would fit the LR3???
We have this other thread going on this same topic as well, so forgive the redundancy.

S

SteveA

I haven't seen a 16" fittment. 17 is the smallest size available from the factory (UK only). With a rear brake disc diameter of 13.8" that doesn't leave much clearance inside a 16" wheel. The standard (US) 18" doesn't have much clearance with the brake caliper, so I really can't see a 16" wheel working.

Stephen

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635