2006 LR3 air conditioning not cooling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gen3benz

Reaction score
Greetings, first post.

2006 LR3, A/C will cool for a bit and then start blowing warm, then back to cold. 48 degrees F, then up to 70's and 80's with no reason that I can see.

Parts replaced: Compressor, expansion valve, high side pressure sensor.

Pressures are really low on both sides, 10-20psi low and 50-80psi high.

I have charged to 1lb 5oz and slowly raised it to 2 lbs to rule out low charge, no change. Looks to be a front only system.

Watching the evaporator temp sensor on the scanner and it works fine, in cabin temp sensor works as well. Nothing I can see would make the compressor solenoid valve minimize the pressure.

Need help!

gen3benz

Reaction score
Called and talked to a tech at a range rover shop.
He said all they replace ever is compressors and didn't even know where the expansion valve was.

Has anyone ever replaced an ATCM?

nickcaraux

Reaction score
Hm, there may be a number of causes if it's blowing warm air. A buddy at an autoshop said it can be a sign your AC is losing its charge of refrigerant; or there can be problem in your refrigerant circuit that prevents it from flowing in the AC system. Another reason could be your AC compressor may not be engaging when you turn it on. So yeah, it turns it it's a compression problem. Haven't replaced mine, but i'll be sure to look out for the signs.

gen3benz

Reaction score
Ended up being a defective compressor.
What a joke.

Put another new denso compressor on it and it works perfectly.

gen3benz

Reaction score
Another reason could be your AC compressor may not be engaging when you turn it on. So yeah, it turns it it's a compression problem. Haven't replaced mine, but i'll be sure to look out for the signs.
The 2006 LR3 doesn't have a compressor clutch, just a solenoid inside to control output.

John H

Reaction score
Greetings, first post.

2006 LR3, A/C will cool for a bit and then start blowing warm, then back to cold. 48 degrees F, then up to 70's and 80's with no reason that I can see.

Parts replaced: Compressor, expansion valve, high side pressure sensor.

Pressures are really low on both sides, 10-20psi low and 50-80psi high.

I have charged to 1lb 5oz and slowly raised it to 2 lbs to rule out low charge, no change. Looks to be a front only system.

Watching the evaporator temp sensor on the scanner and it works fine, in cabin temp sensor works as well. Nothing I can see would make the compressor solenoid valve minimize the pressure.

Need help!

Could you tell me what amount of oil (and type) for my 2007 RRS

Ruper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought mine was screwed then realized I had turned off the re circulation switch in the vehicle. LOL all the buttons and whistles have to be in the correct position to work I guess, lol also the ECON button means turn the AC off, LOL. One thing the land rover is not is ECONOMY anything.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA