2006 lr3 roar sound as you accelerate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoverMike

Reaction score
I have a 2006 lr3 it has 45k miles seems that the truck sounds like a roar sound when i accelerate ... Is this normal or is something wrong truck runs perfect just a loud roar it sounds like it comes from the fan as if its blowing too much air

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it do it all the time or once in a while. It is normal once in a while. It is the cooling fan. If it is constant you may have a problem with your fan clutch.

RoverMike

Reaction score
only sometimes it will stay like that and then after a while of driving it will stop and drive normal with no loud fan noise

ncburch22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you live in a hot climate? I drove from Orlando to Daytona today on I-4 doing 70mph. By the time I got back to Orlando, my fan was doing the same. It was around 95 degrees out with the A/C on. It isn't constant, just keeping the radiator cool.

RoverMike

Reaction score
yes it is hot climate where i live today was around 100 degrees so im guessing its normal right

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's likely the viscous (sp?) fan. This normally happens upon first pulling away or very soon after start up. If its happening after your D3 has warmed up there may be another issue.

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've noticed this occasionally as well. In my case it's clogging of the air filter and air intake, usually from sand or dust. Clean that out and you're good to go. So check your air intake as well as the other suggestions.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good point to check your air filter. I fitted a cleanable aftermarket one. I was a bit skeptical based on mixed reviews but I have been quite happy with it. I bought the cleaning kit, and cleaned and re-oiled it and i'm good to go. The goofy safari snorkel helps cut down on the dirt, but I noticed more bugs than I used to get.

I live in a HOT climate, and I think it's pretty much normal to do it occasionally as other people mentioned, particularly when pulling away from a stop, etc. I would be concerned if it did it all the time, as these are known to fail from time to time.

RoverMike

Reaction score
thanks for the reyply guys i guess im gonna check on the air filter i havent checked it out hopefully thats what it is

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99