2007 LR3 owners, how has the quality been so far?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dropper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2005 HSE w/ 23k and very happy outside of replacing the brakes 500 miles ago.

Aside from that minor things such as sunroof clicking, steering wheel cracking and speaker buzzing which the dealer fixed. I'm a fellow Audi owner, it's not much different from a 'normal' Audi experience... and the dealer is just as good about taking care of issues.

It seems many issues were fixed with the software update that went out last year.

Looked hard at the Q7 and almost didn't get the LR3 for the same reasons you mention, but very happy I made the leap.

CaliCruiser

Reaction score
06 LR3 HSE w/ locking diff
2300 miles

Usually driven by my wife. Only serious problem was that it lost all power (engine still running) and came to a standstill in the middle of a LA freeway. Happened about 3mo into ownership. Dealer fixed the problem (by just giving it an overhaul), though I don't believe they really knew what went wrong. Car has been great since. Tires replaced at 20k miles.

Took it for a "city slicker" style off road trip in the Malibu Mtns with LR personnel to give tips. Had a good time, left me thirsty for more! I'm sure it did a number on the breaks, though!

Wife and I have no regrets. Even the kids love the car!

cj60

Reaction score
picked up one last Friday LR3 HSE, while driving the next day
* the 2nd row sunroof blind just snapped off by itself and now its broken
you can still retract but wont close/lock :mad:
* the release strap of 3rd row seat(cushion) was loose and came off,
but I was able to fix it.
so far the rest are awesome, paired my Treo 700wx with Bluetooth just like a click,
Navigation & Voice activation all great... :wink:

Cpa4S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
our 06 is 49 weeks old and zero wrong - nothing done but a free oil change.

try driving it again and practice backing up; i suspect the rear view vision will remind you how bad those large wagon crossover vehicles executed rearward vision.

Patriot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've only had my late build '07 HSE for a week and 500 miles, but the build quality seems abaolutely impeccable. Truck feels tight, solid and very well-screwed. Everything works flawlessly and driving in sport and especially in command-shift mode is exhilirating.

Best car I've ever owned.

Patriot

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you didn't read the last J.D. Power dependability survey (first 3 years of ownership) summary:

The lowest-ranked brand again was Land Rover, Ford Motor Co.'s premium SUV unit, with 398 problems per 100 vehicles. But Oddes said during a morning teleconference that its score had actually improved from last year's survey, which found 438 problems per 100 vehicles.

Land Rover said in a statement that the survey "shows that we still have work to do," but said it was trying to identify specific areas of customer dissatisfaction. "Land Rover is committed to achieving the levels of quality our customers expect of us," it said.

This is for 2004 models, of course. So, it can only get better for next year's 2005 survey and the LR3, right? Heh... (I know, the J.D. Power initial 3 month quality survey also has LR at the bottom... but hey, I can dream...) At least we have upward momentum now...

BoulderGT3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 15K on my SE V8. I've only had problems with a gas cap, ride height sensors (both on delivery) and the passenger seat adjustment switch that had a part of it fall off. I'm not a LR3 bigot but I've had fewer problems than with my wife's Lexus Rx350.

I, like about everyone else, have decided the Goodyears suck and are prone to cupping even with the alignment right. I'm replacing them next week with Toyos to just try something else.

This has been my first RR/LR product and I'd buy another.

Patriot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wanted to add something. I previously owned a 2004 Range Rover (current model) - Java Black/Sand, that I drove for about 8 months and 12,000 miles. Really liked it, drove wonderfully. Traded it in on a new Porsche 911 coupe.

As nice as the Range Rover was, my '07 LR3 drives better and is overall a significantly better car, plus it has the room I need for my family of 6.

Patriot

mzaver

Reaction score
Both my wife and I have '07 LR3 HSE. Both have approximately 7k each on the odometer. We have had no major problems. Only problem so far was a speaker that was replaced by the dealer.

These are great vehicles and should not be compared to the Q7 or Touareg - they are not 4x4's.

As for the JDEdwards or other surveys make sure you read the fine print. If someone comes back to the dealer for a simple question on how to work something (like terrain response) that counts as a fault.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112