2008 LR2 No crank no start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

automch

Reaction score
I am an ASE Master Mechanic with 50 years professional experience but am relatively unfamiliar with this vehicle. Retired but still trying to help a few folks with their car problems.

This LR2 was in a minor rear end collision. No air bag deployment, no serious damage except rear bumper slightly damaged. I Scanned for codes with professional bi-directional scanner and no codes present. Battery is fully charged at 12.8V. Initially key fob would not release. After getting it out, I replaced the fob's battery. Went through full hard reset procedure. Key fob locks and unlocks normally, when docked and brake is depressed all dash lights are on as normal. Jumped the starter relay in fuse panel underhood and with key fob docked and in start mode, the engine cranks but no start.

From the "Hard reset" procedure, If I enter the vehicle without the key the radio will not turn on. But If I press the instrument cluster button the mileage readout does come on. Unsure what that means.

Where can I check the transmission signal to ecm and start button to ecm signals? Are these ground signals or positive voltage signals?
Thanks in advance

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The vehicle "crash status" has to be reset.
Probably a dealer function.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut