2010 L322 Supercharged Full size - Front Suspension dropping overnight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RJ333

Reaction score
I'm a new owner of a 2011 Range Rover Supercharged and it's got what sounds like the identical suspension issue as the original poster, Keithr2003. When I park it overnight the front end lowers to bump stops, but not the back end. It started when I went to lower it to access mode one day and it threw a suspension fault. Since then (about 10 days ago) it's thrown occasional suspension faults which clear on restart. Usually the suspension faults are not a problem and the car keeps its normal ride height while driving. But twice it has said "30 mph limit" but then self-cleared that message after a few seconds.

I do have one interesting observation. See if this information helps. I had the car running while waiting for my wife in the post office. I had the car on "max AC" and she was in there about 10 minutes. After about 8 minutes I noticed the front passenger side had lowered considerably while the front drivers side had not lowered as much. It threw a suspension fault. I turned the car off and on, and the car immediately threw another fault (that doesn't usually happen) and wouldn't raise up. I drove it home 2 miles with the lopsided suspension. When I got in the driveway I turned off the car and turned it on again. Immediately the car raised up and self-leveled like it normally does. It was almost as though having the battery drain of the "max a.c." kept the compressor from being able to engage until I had driven it some more and charged up the battery again. So perhaps it is some kind of electrical glitch in our cars. The previous owner had said that he had battery problems some years ago and I might want to look into that again.

If anybody has insight on this problem let me know. Otherwise, I'm taking it to the Indy mechanic next Monday.

Thanks,
RJ

Lakeranger

Reaction score
RJ333: My wife and I call them the Rover Gremlins. And apparently all late model Land Rovers have them. My 2007 RR/SC has 30 ECU's and they all talk to each other. If one has an issue another one will probably have an issue soon after. Currently I have a suspension fault with an accompanying terrain response fault. With the current Covid19 issues I'll have to wait to drive 150 miles to my Land Rover Indy shop. I will not ever again go to my dealer (San Antonio, TX) as they broke my electric glove box release while repairing the air bag recall and then would not take responsibility for it. I had to purchase a new release button and fix it myself. I just don't trust them any more. A possible fix for your issue is disconnecting the battery's cables and then shorting them together for a few minutes. This resets all the ECU's and fixes many of the electronic gremlins. Just be sure to disconnect the negative cable first then the positive cable and when connecting them back first connect the positive then the negative. This method prevents a slip of a wrench and shorting the positive to any part of the vehicle's metal, which is ground and having the resulting big spark and possible damage to the electronics. When you get it all sorted, please post the fix for others to learn for your repairs.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut