2012 Updates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoyas06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know there has been a little talk in the past of updates for the 2012 model, but I was curious if anyone has heard of any definitive news. I've tried doing some brief web searching but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of info out there. Most web sites seem to be dedicated to the updates for the RR and RR Sport. I'm about to pull the trigger on a black/black HSE Lux at what I think is a pretty good price, albeit late in the model year, and just wanted to get some opinions if y'all think its worth waiting or not really worth it.

Thanks,
Hoyas06

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
larger Nav screen . More intuitive center info display. Hard drive. Blue tooth audio. Those the new additions that the dealer told me would be on the Lux version of the 2012 LR4. You'll get a better deal on the 2011. if the aformantioned options are important to you, then you can wait. I assure you, you'll pay a lot more for the 2012! The 2012 will hit the pavement in a few weeks. I would wait to see one in person if i were you before pulling the trigger.

goblue95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take a look at Edmunds.com - they have pricing & specs for the 2012 LR4. Pricing doesn't seem very different, and the options seem to be accurate based on prior releases - 7 in. screen, hard drive, etc. Two things I noticed - looks like Sirius is an option in all trims, and the HSE now includes front parking sensors. Seems like the biggest improvement might be the screen and interface, although I assume we'll have to see what the feedback is on those once the 2012's are out.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bet folks can get a great deal on a 2011 once the 2012 are on the lot. If the new improvements are not important to you, then it may save you some major money!

a517458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems that 2012 will have the 8 speed transmission?

a517458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. Not here. The TDI version in Europe will.

I can't believe the rental car I'm driving has a 275bhp, 295 lb ft of torque 4.6L V8 ... 4 speed transmission..and has a tag of $ 50K....poor american car....

adorsett

Reaction score
I thought the nav screen is the same size, it certainly looks it in the pictures that have been released and in the diagrams in the manual. It seems to be the same innards as well, just a different GUI driving it and better software on the voice module. Last time I checked (a month ago) the owner's manuals for the 2012 were available on Topix. I didn't see too many physical enhancements that actually matter over the 2011 HSE Lux. All the important ones seemed to be software related and I'm investigating flashing parts of mine to the 2012 once the firmware becomes available...

Andrew

garg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the nav screen is the same size, it certainly looks it in the pictures that have been released and in the diagrams in the manual. It seems to be the same innards as well, just a different GUI driving it and better software on the voice module. Last time I checked (a month ago) the owner's manuals for the 2012 were available on Topix. I didn't see too many physical enhancements that actually matter over the 2011 HSE Lux. All the important ones seemed to be software related and I'm investigating flashing parts of mine to the 2012 once the firmware becomes available...

Andrew

One huge improvement is that it will be a dual view screen similar to ones on the Range Rover where it shows different images to the driver and the passenger.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM