2013 LR4 Low Beam Intermittent Bulb Outage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paul Skinner

Reaction score
Hello All

Firstly, apologies if this has been asked previously.
My 2013 LR4 HSA drivers side headlight low beam bulb has been flicking on and off intermittently for the past couple of weeks. I changed the bulb with no success in rectifying the issue.
Any suggestions?

Cheers Paul

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have used H11 and also H9 replacement bulbs. The H9’s need a tiny bit of Dremel trimming (see youtube) in order to fit the connector but supposedly give better light and spread. But that doesn’t explain why your H11 was flaking out.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks ktm525 I'll give one of those bulbs a whirl

Cheers

wait before you act on that... I am confused (not unusual) Are your low beams xenon? I thought all LR4s were xenon? I have never seen a non HID LR4 up here in canada. Yes the LR3s were halogen or HID xenon but ALL LR4s in Canada appear to be HID xenon. Are there halogen equipped LR4s in the USA?

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wait before you act on that... I am confused (not unusual) Are your low beams xenon? I thought all LR4s were xenon? I have never seen a non HID LR4 up here in canada. Yes the LR3s were halogen or HID xenon but ALL LR4s in Canada appear to be HID xenon. Are there halogen equipped LR4s in the USA?

No, not all LR4s are xenon. Some are halogen. Mine is an HSE and came with halogen.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635