Headlight bulb recommendation needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarcusTriton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have learned that OEM bulbs last much longer than anything we can purchase anywhere else, so long that they more than pay for themselves.
And that includes all the major brand name bulb manufacturers.

We run the OEM Xenon bulbs.
So let me get this right, H11's are fit for low beams and fog lights? and the H7's are for high beams? (to note - I don't want to do any mods). I see on the AutoZone website that they have many in stock options. Do you think that any of those would suffice? https://www.autozone.com/collision-body-parts-and-hardware/headlight

MarcusTriton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don't want to do any modifications and you want to stick with the halogens, the best bet is probably just a name brand bulb (Phillips or Osram) with no gimmicks.
Yes, I'm going to stick with Halogens.. Are the fogs and low beams the same numbers(H11's)? and are the high beams H7's?

MarcusTriton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: On the Front drivers side low beam headlight H11 that went out, I replaced it with "Basic Sylvania" bulb from Advanced Auto on 3-14-24 - $21.00. It has held up so far and matches the brightness of the passenger side headlight. I'm very happy with this temporary fix. We'll see about longevity. On the same day, I ordered a set of Phillips brand bulbs that ryanjl had recommended, just in case.
Thanks to all. This is a great community.

Attachments

• 20240412_151847.jpg
    20240412_151847.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 7

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72