2015 LR4 front end sagging overnight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Salanizi

Reaction score
Hello

I have just finished working on my newly bought 2015 3.0SCV6 Corris Grey.

I have already changed all 4 struts with new generic made in UK struts (i really do not know the brand) and had them checked for leaks with soap and water with no issues.

After leaving the car overnight, the front end would drop evenly on both sides by about 1 inch, and when switching the car on it would immediatly level.

Asking alot of indies around they all confirmed that all modern land rovers do this overnight and its no big deal, which is something I did not buy into and had a new front EAS solenoid/valve replaced (genuine LR part) and soaped and checked with no leaks.

To my dismay, it still drops by an inch overnight!!!

Any ideas? Its only the front end and even on both sides

Last edited:

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It really is no big deal. My LR4 self adjusts either instantly upon locking the vehicle, a few minutes later, or about an inch or so overnight. It did this from brand new 11 years ago. You tend you develop a sense if there's something greater going on with the air suspension....If you really want to make sure there aren't any leaks, just pull the air suspension relay under the hood overnight and see if it drops. It shouldn't move a millimeter then.

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From the workshop manual:
Periodic Re-leveling
When the vehicle is parked, the air suspension control module 'wakes up' two hours after the ignition was last switched off and then once every six hours. The vehicle height is checked and if the vehicle is not level within a pre-set tolerance, small downwards height adjustments may be made automatically
Are you parked on level ground?

If you can find a level spot, you can raise to off-road height, then pull the fuse to the control module and let it sit overnight (in the under-hood fusebox next to the battery). That will tell you if/where you have an air leak.

Salanizi

Reaction score
Ac
From the workshop manual:

Are you parked on level ground?

If you can find a level spot, you can raise to off-road height, then pull the fuse to the control module and let it sit overnight (in the under-hood fusebox next to the battery). That will tell you if/where you have an air leak.

My parking space is raised toward the back, so the vehicle ends up with the backside lifted slightly. Does that affect anything?

TLykesToyota

Reaction score
1651011097151.jpeg

Not a great angle BUT my front end does the same ~ she's a 2012

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The next time you'll be parked for a while (at least overnight), raise it to off road height, then turn the vehicle off. Pull the suspension fuse. Take a measurement of all 4 corners.

The next day, see what corner or side has sunk.

You could have a leak in just one of the front bags, but the suspension auto-adjusts itself (even when the car is off) so it's hard to tell which one. Pulling the fuse when you park will keep this from happening.

Salanizi

Reaction score
The next time you'll be parked for a while (at least overnight), raise it to off road height, then turn the vehicle off. Pull the suspension fuse. Take a measurement of all 4 corners.

The next day, see what corner or side has sunk.

You could have a leak in just one of the front bags, but the suspension auto-adjusts itself (even when the car is off) so it's hard to tell which one. Pulling the fuse when you park will keep this from happening.

I feel more comfortable pulling the battery cable, would that have the same effect?

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will, but it will disable the electric locks.

The fuse is in the box right next to the battery and is much easier (and even safer) to pull.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV