$2k off '06 LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dropper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer says a coupon for $2k off '06 LR3s is out there - does anyone have advice on where I might acquire one? I received a $1.5k voucher about a month ago which I think has expired...

I'm ready to pull the purchase trigger but this info has frozen the deal... thanks much for your help.

cross-post with deal advice forum as that one appears dead.

Airboss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where do you live, Dropper? My dealer (Bellevue, WA) took $5000 off the MSRP without a coupon. I didn't even have to ask, HE OFFERED!

Good luck with your purchase!

luis_wilhelm

Reaction score
I had the chance to get a discount through the "X" plan as the company I work with has a partnership agreement with Ford, however the discounts the dealer had to offer (south dade - Miami) were better than the X plan pricing I had.

I think with X plan the discount was around 3,000 and with the dealer promotion they discounted something like 4,000, so I think you might be able to find a dealer with some good discounts not needing the coupon. The car I opted for was a LR3 V8 SE.

dropper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, they are pretty willing to take a lot off right away. I'm just looking for the incremental manufacturer support beyond the marketing dollars, which would make it a good deal for all. ;-)

Thanks.

S

san6279

Airboss, I bought my LR3 from Bellevue also back in May on the X-Plan. When did you get yours? So far I've had a pretty good experience with them. Haven't asked for anything out of the ordinary yet though.

Airboss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
san6279 said:
Airboss, I bought my LR3 from Bellevue also back in May on the X-Plan. When did you get yours? So far I've had a pretty good experience with them. Haven't asked for anything out of the ordinary yet though.

I picked mine up two weeks ago ('06 HSE). I was happy with the way I was treated even though my salesman was a bit strange.

Anyway, no major problems yet. There were a few minor irritants upon delivery however. The spare tire was loose - I can't believe they didn't catch that one. Also, the door panel in the rear that hides the spare tire tools doesn't fit well. I think it's warped. Like I said, nothing major.

I'm adding you to my buddy list if you don't mind. Let me know how you like the service department when you get a chance. I think I'm going to give the Tacoma dealership a try for my first scheduled service.

BTW, I just installed the trailer wiring harness last night. It only took about an hour and it wasn't complicated at all. That saved me about $200; or as I like to put it these days, about 2 weeks of gas.

Good luck with your LR3!

Last edited:
S

san6279

Airboss,

I was happy with my salesperson, although my transaction was really a non-event due to the X-plan.

So far have been fairly satisfied with the service department. Only real complaint is that normally when I call in to schedule something [roof rattle (my friend actually ended up solving this one), check engine light, front end alignment, middle sunroof wouldn't latch, leaking tire stem - all this after only 1700 miles - it is not a daily driver] I get voice mail and it takes several hours to get a call back. That being said, so far I really haven't had any major issues arise to "test" the service department with. I'd like to think their service will be good since they also deal with Bentley's, Lamborghini's, etc, but that may just be wishful thinking.

In the next couple weeks I'll be doing my first service. Am going to have them perform an early oil change and switch over to full synthetic. Will let you know how it goes. May have them check the rear alignment also and possibly the rear lift gate.

Why are you going to try Tacoma? Closer to your house?

Airboss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the Tacoma store is closer. Keep me posted on your first service - I'm very interested to know how it goes.

I'm switching over to full synthetic as well. I've always used Mobil 1 - even in much less expensive cars.

That said, I haven't had any problems [violently knocking on wood] and I love my LR3. Thanks for responding.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99