2nd time stranded in 5 months!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These vehicles eat batteries almost as fast as tires and brakes. I noticed recently that twice my clock changed to military time by itself. And if listening to the radio with the engine off, it would shut off the radio in under a minute to save power. I had the dealer check the battery and sure enough, it was very weak but not dead yet. If dead it would have been covered under warranty. So I paid for a new one anyway with winter coming up.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These vehicles eat batteries almost as fast as tires and brakes. I noticed recently that twice my clock changed to military time by itself. And if listening to the radio with the engine off, it would shut off the radio in under a minute to save power. I had the dealer check the battery and sure enough, it was very weak but not dead yet. If dead it would have been covered under warranty. So I paid for a new one anyway with winter coming up.

Strangely, my dealership swapped my battery out under warranty during a routine maintenance visit. I had no indications it was having issues, but they said it didn't pass their tests and replaced it for free.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm jealous, they said mine was close to failing but not quite enough for a free one. That's OK, last year they replaced the hoses that go to the headlight sprayers under warranty even though they were pretty sure the failure was from a mouse chewing on the hoses.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to keep my dual batt setup plugged in to my ctek 7002 to keep them anywhere near charged up. I have done that since the batts where both new in an effort to keep them healthy. Kinda sucks that it seems to have quite a bit of drain from sitting or normal operation. I have the plug mounted in my grill so I can easily plug in. Good practice for my future Tesla I guess.

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These vehicles eat batteries almost as fast as tires and brakes. I noticed recently that twice my clock changed to military time by itself.

Hmm, my wife's RR clock changes back to military time by itself a lot, but I never thought to consider it could be battery related. Every now and then her driver seat will stop working (memory recall buttons fail and it only moves a fraction with each press to slide it forward or back) , but then it starts working again. I'll have to check the battery, especially with winter coming...

colorover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ Same here, have had the clock change to military time recently quite a lot. Our LR4 has only 20k miles and is just getting to two years old. Even for LRx cars that is early to need a new battery.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ Same here, have had the clock change to military time recently quite a lot. Our LR4 has only 20k miles and is just getting to two years old. Even for LRx cars that is early to need a new battery.

Sounds about right. My LR battery swap was around the 2 year mark.

colorover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ Thanks. I was getting around 3+ years per battery on our LR3 over the last 10 years. Plenty of temperature variance, car parked outside, and ~12k miles per year. Two seems really low, even for these cars.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM