5th Cracked Windshield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Julian Govantes

Reaction score
Since jan 2016 I have had 5 cracked windshields driving on I5 which is the major highway to go anywhere north and south in the Seattle area. I've replaced three windshields and was going to replace the 4th. Glad I waited because today was crack #5. Has anyone had that many cracked windshields? I've never had a cracked windshield until I got this car. I'd like to point out that all replacements were OEM.
2016 Range Rover Evoque.
Thanks in advance.

Peta

Reaction score
Hi Julian
I have the same problem, I have a Range Rover Sport and travel on a major highway also. I have had my car since 2018 and have now had 3 new windscreens and about to have a fourth. All my windscreen replacements were OEM and at a cost of $3,000.00 per windscreen.
I have traveled this highway for 20years in a different car and have never had a cracked windscreen.
I would be very interested to see if we are the only ones with this problem.

Kaye

Reaction score
I have had the same windshield problem. Today I replaced my 4th windshield on Landrover Range Rover Sport 2017. The very first vehicle that I’ve had to replace any windshield on and I’ve owned several luxury vehicles. I’ve owned the vehicle less than 2 years. It’s costed me several thousands of dollars and disputes with both my insurance company and the glass replacement company. I think there are major defects.

Discovery 2018

Reaction score
Got Discovery January 2018 . My 3rd cracked windshield happened 4 days ago. I to never had a cracked windshield. Based on the replys I'm reading. There is some deficiency with these Land Rover windshields

PhilRose

Reaction score
2020 Defender. Only city and highway driven; no offroad. On my 3rd windshield since purchased new in Sept. 2020. Also had 2 chips epoxied in that stretch as well. In my entire 40+ years driving have never before had to replace a windshield: GMC, BMW, AUDI, LEXUS, VOLVO, BENZ - never. Repair shop tells me the windshields on LRs are thinner than average and that is the problem. Needs a class action.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA