93 Rr Lwb Idle Problems!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lsawicki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The car hasn't been driven for a a month or so and is finally seeing regular drive use. I've noticed that the idle RPMs are around 200-250, which is much lower than normal idle RPMs. Also, it has started sputtering randomly when idling, as if it were low on gas. I get fault code 23, so I know it has to be the fuel system...other than that it runs fine.

My guess is that the fuel pump is on it's way to dying? It hasn't been replaced and the truck's got 137k on it. Any help/suggestions? Where would it be best to get it replaced...I'm not experienced with fixing cars, so I don't feel comfortable doing it myself...

Also, some minor electrical problems:

*sunroof doesn't work

*heated seats do not heat (although the light on the switch comes on)

*cruise control doesn't work

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
*sunroof doesn't work

I remember replacing my sunroof motor in my 92 range rover once. It wasn't too bad. However, if it is not the motor, then you could be investing some cash to fix it. Might be better to let this one go.

My heated seats never worked. I think the elements are quite pricey, and the job is pretty intensive.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Since I do not have a manual for a 93, and haven't had the pleasure of working on one yet.

I can on guess on the idle, but I would say run some seafoam (one can in the fuel tank, and one through the intake and it should help).

Fuel pumps generally do not give much of a sign when the die.... they normally just up and quit.

Sunroof could be a switch, a fuse or a bad motor

Heated seats could be the switch a fuse or a bad element (about $200 to replace, but can be a pain to do)

Cruise control, could be a vacuum issue, the brake switch or a fuse.

lsawicki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I added the Sea Foam to the gas tank and now it idles a lot more consistently, although about 100 RPMs low. Thanks for the tip, I guess it was just all gummed up.

Heated Seats, not that important to me either, and the sunroof, well I'll check out the switch and the fuse. Right now the Rover seems to be running smoothly!

Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9