94 disco warm running problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skarts

Reaction score
I have a 1994 disco with strange problems, when we start it up from cold it runsfine unless you get on the gas. Drive a little and it starts missfiring, backfiring though the intake,runnig real rough, no power, ect. When you shut it down, it wont restart for a least a half of an hour,even then it starts hard and runs rough. any Ideas??? broughtit to my mech, but being that it's a 94 he has no software/connector to scan it. Really do not want ot bring it to a dealer, but might just have to bite the bullet.
Thanks in advance fro any help!!!
Steve

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Will need a lot more info then this.

Mileage:
Last tune up (with specifics) i.e. type of plugs and wires, fuel filter changed?
Distributor cap and rotor button make and when it was changed?
type of fuel you use (what grade)
How old is the fuel in it?
any work done before this issue started?
How long has this issue been going on?

skarts

Reaction score
The truck has 140K last tune was probably around 100k, check engine light is on, I dont know what type of cap rotor/ plugs are in it. we drive it alot so old fuel is not an issue. Its been going on for about month or so. Do not know when the fuel filter was changed. would lak of fuel cause it to backfire?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
a Bad cam will cause a backfire, but it could also just need a real bad tune up and a new fuel filter.

I would (if it were me) champion plugs (cheap ones), new wires, Lucas cap and rotor (I heard Napa sells them, but under a different name), new fuel filter. And if the issue continues have it pressure checked to see if the cam is bad.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whartonlax