95 Disco I ABS light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SomeOldGuy

Reaction score
I have a 95 Disco I with about 115,000 miles and the ABS light has decided to turn on for some reason. The most investigation I have done is to look at the sensor and follow the wires and check for any visible corosion, but i haven't taken anything apart yet for fear of breaking something. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

1997LRLSE

Reaction score
Did you ever get a resolution to this? I posted a similar query, today, for my 1997 Discovery. Thanks.

Bj

Mike Perrin

Reaction score
My daughter has a 95 RR that has a constant ABS warning light on. Two shops have tested the ABS brakes and say nothing wrong with the ABS and that it is a fault in the dash light . I know the light is a 'warning ' light but when the fault is the light itself what do you do from there?:)

1997LRLSE

Reaction score
Thanks Mike P.
I read somewhere that there may be a sensor sticking. I haven't taken the wheels off yet but, by description, it sounds like it is some type of plunger that moves like the caliper piston. I need to replace the pads so I will probably find out more, this weekend. I will share what I find..Thanks again.

Bj

raymor

Reaction score
I would try resetting the sensors in the wheel. Just push them all the way in and see if that corrects the problem.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635