96 service engine light help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96hse

hi i have a 1996 4.6 hse and my service engine light just came on (not check engine) is there anyway of reseting this without going to dealer and if not what can i do i have a shop so i have computers i can use thanks ~domenico~ also does anyone have fog lights for this truck i cracked both of mine

95classic

I have a 95 Classic so I do not know if the location will be the same but... Underneath my front passenger seat, accessed from the rear, there was a brown box about the size of 1/2 a deck of cards. On this box was a LR sticker covering a hole. If you take a long sharp object you can reset the service engine light. It runs on a clock I beleive. I just took mine out and I am going to leave it out. In my opion it is only there so you will run to the dealer, and they will have a reason to charge you for something. I had my truck in for something unrealted, and asked if they would reset the light for me, and the service writer told me they would have to charge me 1 HOUR of labor because it would require removing the dashboard!!! That was an absolute lie. It literally took me 15 seconds to remove the box.

The Land Rover dealer I am speaking of is in Minneapolis MN, and it is not the first time I have been fed BS by the uncaring, unsympathetic service writers there.

96hse

ill try tommorrow and see but someone told me that on the classic has that brown box but the p38's dont<---so i dont know if this is true or not but thanks anywayz

bonnettoboot

Reaction score
try disconnecting the battery for a few seconds, get the radio code first.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM