97 RR HSE purchase questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

discoskc

Hi all!

In trying to replace my totalled Disco, I am looking at a 97 RR HSE with around 85K miles.

Do you think its wise to buy a 97 HSE at 85K miles (I was hoping that most of the factory issues have been taken care of by now)?

Is $11K a fair price to pay for a vehicle like that?

What should I look for when I take it for a test drive (I plan to have it mechanically checked if I like the look and feel of it)?

Thanks and best regards,

SKC.

ruffinit

Reaction score
well i had one...and it was just horrible. The problems never go away. 11k sounds good, but keep in mind repair costs. Beautiful truck when it wasn't in the shop. Good luck!

D

discoskc

I took a test drive today and everything seemed alright except the braking. I think the brakes are on their way out. On top of that as the vehicle came to a stop, the downshifting of the gearbox was very evident. You could hear the clunk-clunk-clunk everytime I braked. My Disco never had that problem.

Is that a Range Rover thing? Or is that a symptom of something more serious?

ruffinit

Reaction score
Thats not a range rover sound, it's something more serious. Good luck! If I had any advice, it would be to actually drive the truck, it was when it sat that majority of my problems occured.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635