A-Frame Protector VS Brush Bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

E

Eire

Grommet whats your take on this one. I will only use the car for offroading 4-8% of the time, I prefer the look of the A Frame Protector, however it does not protect the front lights ???

E

Eire

I can buy the A-Frame protector from the Web with shipping for $580 is that a good deal. can get the Brush Bars with shipping for more like $480

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anything you hit with any force is going to cause damage with either bar. The difference is where: With a brush bar, they often rotate up and bang into the hood; the A-Bar can do the same. Without one of them, you might crack a headlight, or dent the bumper.

They really aren't good for much IMHO beyond appearance and _maybe_ to get brush out of the way as you drive. Any substantial obstacle is going to just push the bar back into the front of your truck.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The LR Brush Bar is definitely not up to heavy abuse... it will bend in ******** scenarios. If you like the soft A-Frame Protection Bar, go for it... especially if it's more for looks. It will protect the front from minor direct damage.

Of course, if you are expecting to take the LR3 into a jungle 4-8% of the time... it's time to look for something else. :)

E

Eire

Thanks Grommet, so is $580 with Tax and Shipping a good deal? As you are the Guru :)

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, that's a decent price. My dealer sells it for $622 before tax.

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately with all that "protector" stuff, it has to be built so that in a collision, the vehicle "crushes" properly so that the air bags, crumple zones and what not operate. Back in the day, brush bars and protectors actually did that stuff. Today it is all looks. Even the ARB stuff, if it was available for LR3, has to be mounted and built so that the vehicle will crush in a sufficient impact to protect the occupants. It may be a good choice for parking lots and resisting painted fascia scratches rock crawling, but when it is all or nothing, everything gets smashed.

E

elliotth27

I was also torn b/w the A-frame and brush bar, and ended up choosing the a-frame w/ lights b/c it really is a better and tighter fit on the LR3, whereas the brush bar appears to just be 'hanging off' the car.

H

Houm_WA

Great. That is the same config I got. That plus X-bars up top and side-steps and mudflaps. You are enfringing on my uniqueness !!! You don't live in the NW do ya?

R

roadguy55

Watch ebay and other sources, i got my A-frame for $250 off ebay.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo