About your Rover's Air suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daxter1987

Reaction score
I receive a lot of questions on how the air suspension system works and its features. Here i put them all together in an easy to read post to clarify any doubts. Did you know you can program your remote to adjust the air suspension? Did you know about the 5 suspension modes your car has? All in one place. any questions please comment :D

Here is the link:

http://landroverhelp.blogspot.com/2015/03/land-rover-lr3-air-suspension.html

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for writing this and posting it. You kind of glossed over "Extended Height." I think it deserves a bit more than that, and you didn't mention Super-Extended Height at all.

Good stuff....I liked the colorful anecdotes mixed in.

daxter1987

Reaction score
I'll revise it. This is what I like about the forums the feedback, I just didn't touch so much of it because I didn't think it was that important for regular users. Right now I'm working on the fault codes and some of the diagnostics of the system.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Peer Review" is good like that...teases out the fine points. I do think it's well-written and that made it worth reading. Kudos there.

I'd like to see fault codes yes...and maybe the resultant behavior. What the vehicle does when it gives an OUT OF RANGE fault versus a Cross-Articulation Fault. Many of us are interested in which faults (and their root causes) put the LR3 on the bump stops, for instance.

Thanks for doing this.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it's been discussed here...and I know I can good it :) ...but I'm always confused by Super Extended Mode and when/if my car will go into it. I'm guessing if I'm stuck in soft sand it won't help, but if you high-center (is that what it's called?) on hard surfaces it may get you up just enough to crawl off it.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Extended Mode is self-selected by the EAS when the LR3 is high-centered or high-sided. It cannot be selected by the user (with a caveat, see below). When the LR3 is in Extended Height, the user can then hold down the foot brake, and then press the suspension height toggle FWD and hold, and it will raise another inch.

Caveat: in effect, Extended Height can (and IS) selected manually using an IIDTool or a rod-mod. That's basically what those mods do is utilize the extra capacity within the EAS. Using a mod like those, you dare not go into Super-Extended height, or you will get a suspension fault of the "Out-Of-Range" variety.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM