Abs Fault Reset -- Di

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greg409

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've searched here & not found a thread for this, so forgive me.

I've had an intermittent abs light for months, brakes great, abs worked.

I repacked my hubs two weeks ago, and reset abs wheel sensors when done.

I noticed the abs light went off most of the time, as it should, but would come on at times just driving down the road.

I found several different threads re: clearing abs faults with a jumper. (affectionately called the blink test)

Example was a 1997 DI, like mine.

Screw it, I did it, it seems to have worked fine.

I tried all the manuvers that likely would cause it - I cannot get it to trip on.

I jumped terminals 5 & 15 on the obd-II (5= fifth from right, bottom row -- 15 = 2nd from left top row) KEY OFF

Get a pencil ready, KEY to run (pos 2) watch abs light blink.
It will blink 2 digits, giving you the fault

It was that simple

I hate typing (honest), so do a search for "abs blink test" or resetting discovery abs faults, etc.

There's lists of fault codes and methods for other DI's.

luck,greg

greg409

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's the same process except the one I did required jumping 5&15 on the OBDII connector.

Thanx,tho'

luck,greg

antichrist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried that on my 97 a few weeks ago and got nothing.

greg409

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried that on my 97 a few weeks ago and got nothing.

I don't know, Tom, it seems (I've driven several times since yesterday) to have worked.

I usually make a full lock left u-turn in front of my house (80% chance of tripping), I've made 3 since process with no light.
I did my hubs a week ago, it was still tripping after that.(but not since blink test.

I've driven thru my favorite *** holes and no light.

I was getting a 2 - 8 code - I also unplugged, cleaned (not dirty) the connection to the abs mod.

Did you not even get blink codes? but have an abs light on?

luck,greg

MTech

Reaction score
ABS light reset

Hello Greg, I tried jumping terminal 5 and 15 and it blinked the code so my question is, will it aurtomatically reset after I pull the jump? do I pull it after key off or while key is on?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM