ABS Kicks on when turning left under braking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kebabian

Reaction score
When turn a corner at higher speeds (40mph+) and under braking or slowing without braking the ABS kicks on. This can happen without touching the brake or while braking, so it seems as though when load is placed on the front right, ABS will sometimes activate. The ABS light will come on while it's happening and then once the ABS deactivates either after finishing the turn or reducing the load on the front right the light clears and everything returns to normal. Any ideas? I'm wondering if it's suspension related or sensor related or something else. Thoughts?

Rubber Cow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed with above. I chased this on an off for the better part of a year....right after I switched to a new tire. It drove me nuts to the point that I swapped wheels/tires and had the issue immediately/still. Traced it to a bad rear wheel bearing. Replaced both side$ - 230K miles on a 2007 HSE

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How bad must the wheel bearing be to cause this?

I had a bad rear left bearing that sounded like a Cessna 172 above 30mph and it still didn't cause ABS issues.

Rubber Cow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I’ve experienced noise from failing bearings in a number of vehicles. Not this time. There was excessive play at the tread/wheel perimeter with the rear end on a lift. Also replaced the rear suspension wear bits while we were in there.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72