ABS/TC/HD glitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chongo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an interesting find:

Every now and then my wife calls me to tell me the three amigos came on, and I tell her to just turn the ignition key on and off 3 times consecutively, and the lights go off every time. What I found out is it was doing this through the drive through or parking lots where slow wheel sensor speeds are used by the processors. { In most vehicles the wheel or speed sensors don’t activate until 3 mph where as Rovers activate at 0.00 mph. } This is largely why rovers get these codes at low vehicle speeds, as the sensors aren’t designed and can not accurately sense vehicle speeds under 3 mph, especially in tight maneuvers or turns. It really means nothing, just a programming glitch in the processor, and to fix it, just turn the ignition key to run and then off again for several cycles and this should clear the trouble code. If it doesn’t, you probably have another issue.

Hope this helps………… Chongo
:bandit:

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM