ABS,TC,HDC lights on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clieman

Reaction score
Hello all,

All the sudden one night, all three of these lights came on at the same time. Since all of the systems are related, Im assuming that this is because (hopefully) only one system has a problem. Thing is, my brake pads are pretty low right now, and Im hoping thats what the sensors are picking up. Is that a possibility?

Plus, if my brakes arent pulsating or shuddering, do I need to turn my rotors?

P

penguinpwrd

Firstly, never turn the rotors. If you have accumulated enough milage to warrant to have the rotors turned - replace them. Secondly, do you have any more info about the vehilce? Year, milage, etc?

clieman

Reaction score
2001, about 58k miles,no other lights illuminated. Brake reservoir is full as well.

P

penguinpwrd

If your reservoir is low, you will get the "BRAKE" light coming on, as you would if the parking brake were set. (I know you don't care now, as it's full - but just an FYI :)

I would check the pads. Odds are, they're low, which set the MIL for the ABS, and the rest just fall into place - as you said - they're all related. Just to be sure, take a run to AutoZone, or somewhere similar - and have them hook up the OBDII kit to your truck, and find out what the fault codes are. The following link is to a .pdf file that will help you to interpret ABS codes:

http://catalog.roversnorth.com/downloads/instruction_pdfs/RR_ABSfault.pdf

Assuming you find an issue with the pads, I would do an all around service. This kit is available from Atlantic British. I bought one for my 'Rover about a year ago. You can't beat the deal:

https://www.roverparts.com/Parts/9542HP.cfm

If you ever need "kits" of sorts, I would recommend them. You can often find one-off parts at other places for less - but when it comes to things like this, they put these kits together that contain everything you need - and they're dirt cheap.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes!!!

-ppb

clieman

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Checked the pads, like 80% percent left (changed the rears anyway since they were sweaking like a mother) so its not that. Im gonna take the info from the link you gave me and attempt to read the codes myself. In older vehicles, Ive jumped the terminals and read codes in this simmilar way before, so I think I will be able to figure it out. Thanks again, this kind of info is great to have!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut