Accent LED kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there was a post from last year about this, but most of us said it was way too much money to spend for an LED kit. I don't know of anyone who has this kit or has the interest.

Personally, I it looks too much like every other car out there on the road with these LED lights. I actually wish our headlights did not have the LED accents, as it's too much bling for my taste. But, don't listen to me, I'd forego most things to have it be totally utilitarian.

Longhorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know to each his own, but I like our LEDs because of the shape. Much better than nearly all others out there. I just wish 1) they were brighter and 2) they could be on all the time. I do see them as utilitarian because they would be good for daytime running lights. Many states require lights on when wipers are on for example and it's often not dark enough to trigger our lights, having these would help in those situations or when it's not quite dark enough in the mornings. I know you can simply turn on our lights, but this would curb the local LEO from pulling you over if you forget.

I'm with you on the bar on the bottom though.....boring and too expensive.

Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know to each his own, but I like our LEDs because of the shape. Much better than nearly all others out there. I just wish 1) they were brighter and 2) they could be on all the time. I do see them as utilitarian because they would be good for daytime running lights. Many states require lights on when wipers are on for example and it's often not dark enough to trigger our lights, having these would help in those situations or when it's not quite dark enough in the mornings. I know you can simply turn on our lights, but this would curb the local LEO from pulling you over if you forget.

I'm with you on the bar on the bottom though.....boring and too expensive.
Hey Longhorn,

I do agree, of the LEDs out there our accent lights are the nicest. I totally agree that they could be brighter - for sure. As far as using them as DRLs, I actually do that manually when I drive - I just click my light switch one click to the right to turn on the LEDs only.

I know most people keep them on AUTO, but I like to control the lights.

-David

sparrky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments.

I like using the auto, guess that I'm a bit lazy. So I had the dealer turn on the Canadian DRL capability so my lights are on all the time now.
-I don't like the fact that it turned on the heads full (along with the LEDs or "halos" as they call them around the headlights) and the tail lights.
-Most other vehciles with DRLs only have the heads on, or heads with lower voltage or just LEDs.

The reason I asked about the accents, was so I could have the heads/tails DRL capability turned off and just have the LED accents on during the day in the front with no tail lights.
-I don't think I want to spend $700-800 for the kit and probably a few hundred more for the dealer to install them.

I've never turned on just the LEDs. Does that also turn on the tail lights?

Longhorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised no one has come up with a way to supplement our current Halo lights to get the effect so many are after. I can't imagine it would be that hard.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey sparrky,

Yes, if you turn the light knob one click to the right the LEDs go on, as well as the side markers and just a few tail light bulbs - not all of them like when the lights are fully on.

I tend to drive like this most of the time.

-David

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the look of them, but the price is insane (like a lot of the accessories).

I also don't like how a lot of car brands like hyundai/kia over use leds like this and they have just diluted the style. I don't want to be mistaken for a kia.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see a lot of value with a day time LED light. I have considered this kit myself and while I'm usually negligent with my $$, it's a tough sell. I troll the UK sites looking for a cheaper alternative. The best I can find is the off the shelf Hella LED light setup but it means custom fitting and wiring. So for now I just drive with the parking lights on most of the time.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo