Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

U

Unregistered

Question:

I have been offered a land rover disco SE , 2003, loaded with 23k miles on it for $27k......is this a good or bad offer? kbb retail value is $29k. also, i have heard really bad things about discos, do they need that much of attention, they break down a lot, transmission issues? anything i need to worry about? i drive a mercedes ml right now, very nice, smooth but seems to miss the dealership a lot, requires a visit every now and then..............any advice???

Thank you

M

Melissa

Your ?? is fairly vague to say the least however I will attempt to offer some sound advice. Owning a Land Rover is not like owning your ML 320. If you take the 2003 does or will it have the remainder of the factory warranty? , if there is not warranty than I would run like the plague. I have several friends thru the TexasRovers.Com that have a 2003 Gabe in Dallas Had a leaking rear main seal, Justin in Houston had a transmission go @ 11K miles, this is only the beginning. Unless the Rover is a 2004 or newer then it is an "enthusiast car" and should be treated as such.

This is just my advice. Search thru this BBS and see for yourself. Owning a Land Rover is like no other experience, if it were me take it as long as it has a warranty. If not purchase an after market warranty THRU the Land Rover Dealership only. They (i.e. Land Rover North America) offer a 100K mile 7 year comprehensive warranty. This is just my 0.02 cents. I have owned one Discovery D1 1998 and I have owned two Range Rover County's (1988SWB and a 1994LWB).

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why aren't you logged in as RoverChic, Melissa? :biggrin:

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Why aren't you logged in as RoverChic, Melissa?

Per Moose's Request I am now logged in. Sir or Madam UnRegistered if you will look to the left of the screen you will see my picture. That is me Melissa N .. :bootyshak

M

Melissa The RoverChic

"Offered" is also rather elusive or ambiguous. I would go some where in the neighborhood of 23.8K and see if they will take it ..I found a 2002 locally under 50K miles for 15.5K extra 1K for the warranty.

redrover51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really found that a warrantee is QUITE valuable...my 2001 D11 received over $12,000.00 of replacement engine and transfer case. If they really want to sell you this vehicle, do as Melissa encourages....low-ball em! with gas at a premium, and the new L.R. models arriving, they will want to turn thier money quickly. Trade-in values are the pits when you try to recoup your investment, so remember not to buy on the impulse....they will sell it to you for $24K, just walk out the door with your offer, and wait for thier phone call. Welcome...

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99