All backlights out on dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markwoodlief

Reaction score
2000 Range Rover HSE, new to me, all the dash lights backlighting are out, I dont suspect bulbs as the center console, like behind the clock, etc are all out as well.. The lights for the switches work, for instance turning on cruise control., or the EAS lights, the little orange ones work, but no backlighting. I have downloaded the RAVE manual but cant for the life of me figure out which fuse is for those lights.. I'm narrowing it down to fuse 1 on the inside fuse box, but am not positive.

Anyone know?

markwoodlief

Reaction score
2000 Range Rover HSE, new to me, all the dash lights backlighting are out, I dont suspect bulbs as the center console, like behind the clock, etc are all out as well.. The lights for the switches work, for instance turning on cruise control., or the EAS lights, the little orange ones work, but no backlighting. I have downloaded the RAVE manual but cant for the life of me figure out which fuse is for those lights.. I'm narrowing it down to fuse 1 on the inside fuse box, but am not positive.

Anyone know?

Nope, wasnt fuse #1.. I also thought it may be attributed to the memory seats and dash lighting positon at the time it was set, but thats not the case either..

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
When you lights are on, check your tail lights... if they are off as well. I will bet on the light switch.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
is the dim knob turned off? Dash fuse should also be the fuse for the inside lights IIRC, but there are like 3 fuses again IIRC.

markwoodlief

Reaction score
is the dim knob turned off? Dash fuse should also be the fuse for the inside lights IIRC, but there are like 3 fuses again IIRC.

checked the dim switch.. and it functions the LED display does dim, assuming the backlighting would too as well if it worked.. :frown:

inside lights work, overhead lights and kickpanel (down by the feet) work as well..

driving me nutz, :)..

markwoodlief

Reaction score
chased some wires around today, all looks great.. this was a well taken care of garage queen, everything really looks good. Going to dig around under the dash tomorrow..

any other thoughts?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I would check grounds, there should be a grounding post under the dash, but normally you will have other issue other than just lights out, but it is a rover. :biggrin:

markwoodlief

Reaction score
but normally you will have other issue other than just lights out, but it is a rover. :biggrin:

true.. ill make sure I check the air in my tires and my fuel door as well, both may be related to my dash lights :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4