E on dash and LR3 wont start all Errors flash up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gaznshellz

Reaction score
Hi guys newbie to the site here, So we picked up a LR3 from auction with no history and no key. We managed to get a key programmer who set up a new key which we was so thankful for as we thought yes we can finally start the Lanny. But that wasnt the case. E on the dash and the errors of Transmission fault gear changing unavailble, HDC Fault, Special programs off, also i think it said DSC turned off?? I have had it on the computer and thrown up lots of codes also i have the JLR SDD which shows most of the modules arnt responding.

We are at logger heads with whats wrong. We have took the TCM off and that was abit corroded so we have cleaned it, still nothing.

We have jumpered the starter relay and she starts fine and drives but in limp mode.

Just so confused on what this could be, fuel pump is fine, fuses are fine

Any help much appreciated.

BigBriDogGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When mine lit up like a Christmas tree, it was because the alternator went down. Drained the battery and, as that happened, more and more warning lights came on while less and less functions worked. When the tow guy came to pick it up, he had to hook up his portable battery unit just to get enough juice into the rig to release the parking break.

Shop charged the battery for a day and replaced the alternator. Cleared all the codes. Works fine now.

gaznshellz

Reaction score
When mine lit up like a Christmas tree, it was because the alternator went down. Drained the battery and, as that happened, more and more warning lights came on while less and less functions worked. When the tow guy came to pick it up, he had to hook up his portable battery unit just to get enough juice into the rig to release the parking break.

Shop charged the battery for a day and replaced the alternator. Cleared all the codes. Works fine now.
would it still drive tho if it was the alternator? as we can jumper the starter relay and she starts beautifully

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys newbie to the site here, So we picked up a LR3 from auction with no history and no key. We managed to get a key programmer who set up a new key which we was so thankful for as we thought yes we can finally start the Lanny. But that wasnt the case. E on the dash and the errors of Transmission fault gear changing unavailble, HDC Fault, Special programs off, also i think it said DSC turned off?? I have had it on the computer and thrown up lots of codes also i have the JLR SDD which shows most of the modules arnt responding.

We are at logger heads with whats wrong. We have took the TCM off and that was abit corroded so we have cleaned it, still nothing.

We have jumpered the starter relay and she starts fine and drives but in limp mode.

Just so confused on what this could be, fuel pump is fine, fuses are fine

Any help much appreciated.
We have all learned that this forum is helpful but also google your problems like HDC/DSC fault and you'll find many postings. It's honestly like finding a needle in a haystack sometimes trying to diagnose, but there are common failures that at some point will affect most if not all LR3's. Non LR tail light bulbs can affect multiple systems, there is a common wire splice failure under the passenger door sill, another under the drivers door sill/kick panel, another on the right side of the differential that affects the suspension. Corrosion of connectors is common as well. The biggest key to remember is all the computers send signals from their respective sensors to each other to make the truck one heck of a machine and you may get one error code that is generated by another computer. And you learn something every day. I didn't know the E on the dash meant the error comes from another computer and not the instrument cluster nor did I know there are 3 different instrument clusters. Anyway attached is the instrument panel description of error codes FWIW. It may help.

Attachments

• Description and Operation.pdf
    689.9 KB · Views: 73

gaznshellz

Reaction score
We have all learned that this forum is helpful but also google your problems like HDC/DSC fault and you'll find many postings. It's honestly like finding a needle in a haystack sometimes trying to diagnose, but there are common failures that at some point will affect most if not all LR3's. Non LR tail light bulbs can affect multiple systems, there is a common wire splice failure under the passenger door sill, another under the drivers door sill/kick panel, another on the right side of the differential that affects the suspension. Corrosion of connectors is common as well. The biggest key to remember is all the computers send signals from their respective sensors to each other to make the truck one heck of a machine and you may get one error code that is generated by another computer. And you learn something every day. I didn't know the E on the dash meant the error comes from another computer and not the instrument cluster nor did I know there are 3 different instrument clusters. Anyway attached is the instrument panel description of error codes FWIW. It may help.
Thank you, its very frustrating that one little thing can be causing all these problems

steevo

Reaction score
It's also helpful if you post the DTCs. The dash indicators are warnings that can be set from a multitude of system faults. If you are trying to diagnose the problem based on dash warnings, you're just stabbing in the dark

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72