alternator fuse 1996 Disco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

julitrotter

Reaction score
Can a bad alternator fuse cause the alternator not to hold a charge? I thought I might need a new alt, but then discovered a bad fuse under the hood. Replaced it, jump started it, ran it for a while, turned it off and back on and started right up. I guess the real test will be tomorrow morning? Any help would be appreciated. Seems as though the auto place (granted not land rover dealership) should have been able to detect such a small problem. They replaced the battery 3 times and said they had no idea what was wrong. If this fuse is a possibility, and I figured it out on my own, I really want to write this place a letter. Thanks again.

greg409

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I gave a step by step but this site often replies that "I'm not logged in" even tho' I am

luck,greg

alzerom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alternators don't hold a charge, the battery does. You may have discovered the problem but : 3 batteries later? It should have turned on a warning light on the dashboard if the alternator was not charging at all. I suspect the alternator is indeed defective and it blew the fuse. The alternator needs to be tested. good luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM