Alternator Rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJMyerz

Adventurer
Reaction score
If you can find a local place that's not a chain like store (ie Start Mart) and they look capable then go for it. The guy that mike sent me too had a huge shop and was very knowledgable.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well yeah if you know guy who actually do rebuild it for you - job will be done ok, Mike is right.

As for mean green - yes you need longer belt - 91.5 or something like that. Other than that its straight bolt-on

V

vandermeulen

Just an update and quick question. I found a new alternator through a friend who used to work in a plant that had a contract with Bosch. Through him I'm getting a one time wholesale price (under $200 Canadian). The catch of course is that I install myself. I've done this on various vehicles in the past with no problem......being this is a LR and I'm new to these, is there any trick I need to know before I replace this thing? It looks like 2 bolts that are stationary and of course the elec plugs. Is there a tensionor issue I should be worried about....coming out usually is easy...going back in.....? (96' Disco)

D

discomike

Thomas,
You shouldn't have any problem installing the new alternator, and yes there is a tensioner which is nothing unusual or difficult to deal with.
Mike J.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72