And this is the future of Land Rover? Worlds Cheapest Car

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoverGrrl

Reaction score
They are not stupid business people. Honestly, of all the potential buyers, they are the best hope. They have the most resources for R&D. They know what they're buying- rest easy :)

Disco Squared

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At one time volkwagon had the smallest and cheapest car, Honda too.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...would still rather be bought by an established, world respected auto company. I'm sure they are smart business people, but a lot of smart business decisions ("looks good on paper!") aren't the best practical decisions.

Admitedly, I'm uninformed on TATA, but I doubt they will have a tried and true engine, transmission or other platform that can be implemented into new designs. Well, I'm sure they have some, but they won't have been in long service in the UK/US with mechanics familiar w/ designs.

We'll see, though. Hopefully I'm wrong. It is clear that Ford wants to unload LR. It'd be nice to end up with a good owner, but it is usually the company able to write the largest check.

Tata for now,
-t

Euphoricsoul

Reaction score
...would still rather be bought by an established, world respected auto company. I'm sure they are smart business people, but a lot of smart business decisions ("looks good on paper!") aren't the best practical decisions.

Tata for now,
-t

That's what happened when Ford bought Land Rover, and you see where that got them.

I think (hope) that this company will be good for LR. They already know how to do more with less, which business-wise is always a good thing, I think. Guess we'll have to just sit back and wait and see.

JohnKel

Full Access Member
Reaction score

bradalex55

Reaction score
Hey guys really wonerful links you have post i would like to see some photos of the best land rover of 80-90's is you have any of them please do share

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM