Any LR4 thefts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, if you paid cash, then you don't need GAP insurance. It's real only good if you finance all or most of the purchase price.
Just get the best car insurance coverage that you can find. Or put a GPS tracking device in your LR4 so it can be tracked if it gets stolen. If you're on it fast enough, the police should be able to get to it quickly.....if they have the time and resources....

Growing up with parents that pay cash for everything, I've always lived with the thought that if I need GAP insurance, I probably can't afford the car. Sort of like financing a car for 72 months, IMHO. I've noticed zero down financing is back on many retail fronts. I hope Americans learned from the "great recession" and we don't go back to spending more than we can afford and leveraging almost everything.

...but I digress.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We do live in the US, the land of credit. Hell if credit did not exist this country would be gone by now sadly.

ramajama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Growing up with parents that pay cash for everything, I've always lived with the thought that if I need GAP insurance, I probably can't afford the car. Sort of like financing a car for 72 months, IMHO. I've noticed zero down financing is back on many retail fronts. I hope Americans learned from the "great recession" and we don't go back to spending more than we can afford and leveraging almost everything.

...but I digress.

We do things a lot differently than before the recession but out of all the people we know, hardly anyone learned anything. We saw a lot of people file buncrupt and now those folks are right back in the same position and on the razors edge of their means. That's the age we live in. Gonna take a lot more than a recession for the masses to learn a real lesson.

However, I don't agree with you at all that if you have to finance enough to get GAP that you can't afford it. Sometimes it's smarter to use someone else's money. Sometimes it's just easier to afford said item by using the banks money. It's how disaplined you are with your expenditures that counts. It's when you finance too many things at once that gets you.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! Can't believe that's all the damage he got while the little 1000lbs car got totaled.

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to live at the max of my limits at one point 4 car payments totaling 2000 a month + rent (2100) and a new kid. The most stressful time of my life. It was just not worth it and I was making 100k but it wasn't enough.
Now my LR4 payment (750) and my rent (1100) god such a difference. Moving to Mexico saving all that money and still living in a upper middle class area has allowed me to live so much better. Now I can actually enjoy all my hard work and if my LR4 gets stolen.... Pfffff I got insurance, gives me an excuse to get a new one :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM