Anyone else get a JD Powers survey in the mail?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I just got a JD Powers survey in the mail yesterday. It is centered around service.

This is the second survey I have filled out for the LR4 we purchased. The first one was about the dealership/purchase expirience.

My service has been extreemly hit and miss. I have been in two times and I have walked away unhappy both times. The sad part for me is I know they are trying hard, but the execution has failed.

Just thought I would give you all a heads up that you might get surveyed too.

Rob

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a quick follow up on this.

I got online and did the survey on Tuesday the 26th. I got a call this morning from the dealership. Now that is quick follow up.

The service manager and I chatted about the survey for almost an hour. He could totally see why I marked the survey the way I did and made the comments as noted. I was very honest but fair about my responses.

I point blank told him that I have an issue with my LR4 right now, but based on my prior trips to the dealership, I was very reluctant to bring it in to get it fixed. With everything that happened my first to rounds, I just didn't feel I needed that much frustration in my life right now and i could live with my LR4 broken.

My first service is due in July. I will have them resolve my issue then. He promisses my next service will be better.

Rob

garg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a call from JD power when I bought mine. I told them how it was from where I bought it from. I tried to tell them about the other dealership 2 miles from my home and how horrible they were but they did not want to listen about that at all.

I don't understand why bother collect data when they don't bother listening. I tried to tell them how horrible the dealership down the street was and thats why I bought it from 300 miles away.

anyway, these surveys and results are overrated.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got one with a crisp $5 bill in it. Seriously!

JB23

Reaction score
And here I thought I was special with the crisp $1 I received in mine...

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't believe I've been contacted by JD Powers. I took delivery in early October. 2010. Should I have heard from them by now?

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't believe I've been contacted by JD Powers. I took delivery in early October. 2010. Should I have heard from them by now?

I heard from them a couple of months after I got the vehicle and they call after every visit to the dealer for service or programing. So far they have contacted me three times.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been contacted 2 times at this point. The first time was fro the new car purchase expierience. I got the survey maybe 4 months after I purchased the LR4. I did get a crisp $5 for participating.

This survey was for my most recent service. You can either fill out the hard copy and send it back; which does go to a JD Power and Associates address or take the online survey. To take the survey I had to sign on to www.mylandroverexpieience.com/service with a survey ID and password. They asked for all of my personal contact information and that is how they knew to contact me.

I had no problems with entering my information as I didn't really car if it was known I was not happy. I ranked them very fair; giving them high marks for things tey do well and lesser for areas where they have opprotunities.

Rob

CaptainSpalding

Explorer
Reaction score
I got a call from JD power when I bought mine. I told them how it was from where I bought it from. I tried to tell them about the other dealership 2 miles from my home and how horrible they were but they did not want to listen about that at all.
They're just trying to fill in the check boxes on their little form.

I have participated several times in JD Powers surveys, but I don't any more. The survey has nothing to do with helping Land Rover to make the best most reliable car with the features that buyers want. It's about being able to say in the commercials "Land Rover was rated number one in consumer satisfaction by JD Powers and Associates." A statement that in itself is misleading. The commercial is selling a car, but the JD Powers endorsement has nothing to do with the car. It's rating the buyer experience. But most people watching the commercial would take away from it that owners were surveyed about their cars. When I was surveyed, there was practically no mention of the car, except for a question about whether or not it was clean when I got it. It's almost a scam. Give me a car on which everything works. I don't need the salesperson to offer me an espresso or Perrier, thank you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM