Anyone know a good place to find damaged LR3 taillight housings?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carreragt7

Reaction score
I'm working on a project that requires some taillight housings that can potentially be ruined, so I don't want to use my perfectly good condition taillights, especially due to the fact I need the vehicle to still be usable.

Does anyone know of any wrecker, individual, etc., that would be good to contact? I don't need them to be functional at all, and having cracks or cosmetic damage (to an extent) is OK. LR3, LR4, OEM or aftermarket housings could all potentially work.

I was going to post in the Wanted section as a starter but for some reason it says I don't have permission to post, assuming it's due to my low post count. Although no FAQs in that section point to that being the reason.

So if you know of anyone or you yourself have some damaged taillights that you'd be willing to give/sell me let me know. I know and use the normal ebay and other online shopping venues but haven't found any damaged ones for sale. I'm assuming most wreckers or individuals just throw them in the trash. the few wreckers I've called haven't seemed too interested in helping me source some, either.

Thanks in advance for any help!

carreragt7

Reaction score
Thanks! I think Roverland is one of the ones I've called with a similar inquiry and been told they didn't sell "damaged" parts at all. I'll call and give them another try though. :)

whathaway

Reaction score
LOL. Yes, I had a very gruff response from them my first time. They are strictly used parts pulled from crashed/retired Land Rovers.

kwlr3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still looking for a damaged tail light? I have a passenger side tail light with a broken lens. I have been keeping it around to salvage the bulbs as needed. Let me know if you are interested.

carreragt7

Reaction score
Yes, I'm still looking at all my options for my project. I replied to your PM, thanks!

99p38a

Reaction score
Check the craigslist from Grand Rapids Michigan. A guy has a set for $25 a pair and it's been up a long time. Maybe he'll ship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carreragt7

Reaction score
Thanks for that tip 99p38a. I contacted the seller but they don't seem to believe I'm a legitimate buyer, possibly because I asked what shipping to my zip code would be and if they used PayPal. Their first reply had been "sure" that they'd be willing to ship to me, and their second reply was "scam" so they seem to be a person of few words.

I've found a couple alternative options that I'll probably end up pursuing instead.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM