Audio input

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beantmt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all.

I am still working on a rear entertainment solution, and I think I've got it figured out minus one thing. I have a 2006 SE with no navigation and with the factory satellite radio. I will have a source selector switch with RCA (red and white) audio running out that I would want to get connected to the radio. Is this possible? Right now, when I press the AUX button, it cycles through AUX, SAT1, and SAT2. Can I add another AUX? Can I replace SAT2 with the audio from the source selector switch? Or is there a better option?

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It doesnt look like there is one for the LR3...What do you have connected to the AUX? If nothing, use that. Even if its something, you can split the inputs. I use my Kenwood v500 to select which input (DVD or iPod) goes into my AUX, but you could just get a splitter if you have only two. Volume level of AUX will be an issue, discussed here many times. Check out the classifieds here for my listing of a Audiocontrol overdrive $50 to fix that.

beantmt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about hooking up the LR Ipod audio connectivity kit and then using the additional AUX port there?

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't go with the v500, because it seemed like a waste, if you are going to keep your factory radio...went with the kenwood kos a200...I use it for audio through the stereo for the overhead dvd, ipod video, and usb hard drive. It is basically a high-tech fm modulator...

techboydino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about hooking up the LR Ipod audio connectivity kit and then using the additional AUX port there?

that would probably be the best bet, unfortunately they are well overpriced. my local dealer here has the best price I found of $385. Make sure you get the correct model that incorporates the additional auxilary input ports. some just have the ipod module.

part number: VPLAE001

Here's a link to the manual You have to look on page 2 of the LR3 accessory fitting manuals.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635