Aux Input?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichL73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone tell me where the hell the aux input is? I've read other posts about hooking things up to the aux input but noone says where it is. I removed the radio to see if it was behind the head unit only to find 3 plugs and no aux in. Can someone give an exact location where I could find it or maybe a picture that would be awesome, thanks

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You removed the radio?... good God. Silly Rich.

Open this cover.

DSC_0302.jpg

RichL73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
**** wow I feel kinda stupid now ..but thanks... hey at least I know how to get the radio out now so when I upgrade my head unit it will be that much easier :)

RichL73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've only owned my LR3 for almost 2 months now and I never knew that thing flipped up,... thanks again

huelsmma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Too funny...you will also notice the volume level will be low when you plug a device into the aux input. Just in case that was your next question. There are a few different solutions if you are wondering and a few of us can help you out with that.

rchase

Reaction score
Too funny...you will also notice the volume level will be low when you plug a device into the aux input. Just in case that was your next question. There are a few different solutions if you are wondering and a few of us can help you out with that.

Help me, I hate the low volume level.

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Help me, I hate the low volume level.

Griffen iPod/iPhone charger. This is what I used. It has a switch for high level output or low. Probs best option, good quality too.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B003SX0O34

Many on the forum have done this one. It features a knob to turn the built-in amp up, I didn't like it because the volume can accidentally get turned down. Probs not best with kids.
http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Auto-i...4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1299964040&sr=1-4

Either one really would work, I suggest the Griffen one. Plug it in the back cigarette charger, run the audio cable right into the aux input.

Last edited:

RichL73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I use my Android phone as my mp3 player so any solutions for me on the volume issue? The volume isn't really that bad, it's something I could live with, just would like the levels to be the same just in case I forget to turn it down when I switch it back to radio or cd

EIGHTLUG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on Angasreid. I ordered the Griffen piece. ;)

ZZT

Reaction score
If you are going to use the AUX input, most radios will need some help. There are plenty of preamps (boosters) out there. Google "portable headphone amp" or "Sound Shocker Pro" and you'll find plenty of info.
Google
Sound Shocker

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM