Aux Lighting RRC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jholewka

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, Seasons Greetings.
I thinking about upgrading my lighting on the 92 RRC, but I would like to get some feedback as which way to go. The OEM under the bumper lights (Wepac) are fogs right? Since the lens is broken on one, these must go, but I also would like to add a set of Hella Rallye 4000 on top of the bumper and put the Hella 550's to replace OEM. Now, should I go with the fogs on bottm and driving on top or driving on bottom and the 4000's in fog on bumper? What, if any do you run?? Opinions? I found some good pricing and 10% off for the holidays so now is the time. Any and all input would greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Jim

sydeem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Generaly fog lights should be the lower position.

D

disco1

I agree with Sydeem!
If you get 10% off before Xmas why not wait till after the festive season when the sales are on?

jholewka

Reaction score
I went with the 4000 in driving and 550's in fog. The 10% is until the 24th and since it's from mail order they don't have after xmas sales, espeacially on current product. Got the whole set up with harness and two new bulbs for regular lights for 300. Not bad from what I 'v seen.
Thanks for input.
Mr. Jim

D

discomike

Jim,
You might consider up grading your headlights by going to Hella's 80/100 watt replacement, I run them on my Disco with lots of extra lights and they don't seem to both people on the road.
Mike J.

jholewka

Reaction score
Hey Mike,
That was the first thing I did last year when I got the truck. Installed the 4000's this past weekend, what a *****. The factory holes in brush bar will not alllow proper alignment, so I had to move them back which now has them pushing up against the grille, I'll hane to dremel out the grille for the back of the lamps to sit nice and not strain the grillle. Next time I might goe with smaller black magic lights from hella. Maybe on my 97 Disco, but that doesn't have brush bar yet. Still have to wire in the 4000, but since the weather turned bad here it will have to wait a day or two. Thanks again.
Happy New Year to all!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635