Backordered parts - how long have you been waiting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello all. I love my Discovery 5. It can go anywhere. Fits anything or anyone.
2 months ago I started getting a coolant leak, which seems very common. Dealer took it in for warranty work and a big chunk of $$. Now 5 weeks later, still no car as they are experiencing a global backorder of the pipe the car needs. Even though there are aftermarket’s possibly available, service advisor tells me they are worst than the oem and will fail much faster. He tells me it’s a common fault on the 3.0 gas engine and clients experience as early as few thousand miles. There’s no ETA on how long they will take for the part. There’s up to 100 other vehicles waiting on parts at my dealer. What are you waiting on and how long?
I’ll probably buy an over priced oem and make someone’s day. They are only asking double, lol!

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here in Texas, pipes are readily available. If not, usually overnight.

Reaction score
LR122710 manifold heater part is my missing puzzle. It’s a global backorder. Even called a dealership in Scotland who confirmed this. I figured if it’s made in the UK but no luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV