Backup Camera stopped working with no explanation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
To be honest Loowee no I havent solved it yet. I did invest in a special filter sold by LR but it appears it only applies to LR-4 prior to 2014 . I just bought the Gap IID tool so I think with that I will be able to see more of what is going on.

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't try to adapt the equalizers. They boost the camera voltage. May cause more harm than good.

loowee

Reaction score
To be honest Loowee no I havent solved it yet. I did invest in a special filter sold by LR but it appears it only applies to LR-4 prior to 2014 . I just bought the Gap IID tool so I think with that I will be able to see more of what is going on.
Ok thx for the feedback. Considering I managed to get my RH mirror cam working on the LH mirror cam connector, im pretty sure my problem is my the camera box so i'll order one and swap it out to see if that also fixes my rear cam problem.

Most likely it will since they both died at the same time and I know at least one of them works fine on other connectors from the same box.

Ill keep you updated with the result !

BigBriDogGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had the same problem, but intermittently. Lately, I've noticed when I back out of my garage the backup camera starts out fine, but when I put it into drive there is a brief bluescreen with the camera logo crossed out before it transitions to the normal home screen.

Last night, it was more persistent (after the first good Autumn rain). I tried the 360 degree view and the rear was included and working fine. However, when I went to enlarge it, that camera would sometimes go to the bluescreen again. Like I said, intermittent.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had the same problem, but intermittently. Lately, I've noticed when I back out of my garage the backup camera starts out fine, but when I put it into drive there is a brief bluescreen with the camera logo crossed out before it transitions to the normal home screen.

Last night, it was more persistent (after the first good Autumn rain). I tried the 360 degree view and the rear was included and working fine. However, when I went to enlarge it, that camera would sometimes go to the bluescreen again. Like I said, intermittent.
This is the same problem I had with mine. Mine is a 2013 with the surround cameras. It always seemed worse in colder weather.

Camera equalizers fixed them. I posted about them earlier in this thread I think with part numbers.

loowee

Reaction score
equalizers dont work on the 2014 american model from what i understand. different connectors :/

havnt ordered a new camera module but i guess that will be my next move since theres no obvious fix and i know at least one port is defective on it.

mine are backup and rh mirror cams, started acting up on humid weather and never came back eventually, the other 3 cams working have intermittent bluescreens but come back most of the time.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72