Bad Camshaft Solenoid?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ncburch22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I received a CEL a few weeks back and pulled the codes. I got a faulty MAP sensor in return. After a few weeks of putting it up I found out my extended warranty covers it so instead of a DIY I took it to an Indy shop here in orlando that specializes in Land Rovers. Both mechanics there are master mechanics through LR(and Camel Trophy guys) so I wasn't worried about quality of work. After they got the part in they called and told me another code also appeared stating "bad camshaft solenoid". I've never heard of this being an issue on the 5.0's. It's covered under warranty, but they stated it could be a false code due to the original MAP sensor fault. I don't have any rough idling issues nor poor fuel mileage. Has anyone experienced this sequence of faults? Will update on progress tomorrow morning.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd clear codes after the MAP sensor replacement and wait and see if anything else comes up. I have never heard of this camshaft solenoid issue on our trucks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM