Battery Warning Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwills

Reaction score
I have a 2005 LR3 SE V6. Just replaced the alternator (120amp) and had to install a new battery as well (700CCA). The battery cables are like new (no Corrosion to affect amp..). The problem is that the red battery light is still on and i noticed today that radio went into low power mode while driving home. Last week old alternator went out drained battery...oldbattery ended up having a bad cell and was replaced as stated. Suggestions to make the light go off....

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you install a new or a rebuilt alternator? If rebuilt, you probably got one of the typical have done rebuilts.
Go to a local parts store and ask them to do a free charging system test. Voltage should be between 13.6 and 14.4 volts.
If it is a rebuilt and it is no good, then go to British Parts of Utah and buy a good new unit.
Also 700 CCA rated batteries are a little weak for all the electrical requirement of your vehicle.

joecool509

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2005 LR3 SE V6. Just replaced the alternator (120amp) and had to install a new battery as well (700CCA). The battery cables are like new (no Corrosion to affect amp..). The problem is that the red battery light is still on and i noticed today that radio went into low power mode while driving home. Last week old alternator went out drained battery...oldbattery ended up having a bad cell and was replaced as stated. Suggestions to make the light go off....

Get a multi meter and measure voltage at the battery while running ~14.5v
Measure after the car is off 12.7v +\-

Make sure the ground connection for the battery is good and tight and clean.

You can also pull up the secret screen to read volts.

Replace ******* with **************

Disco mike beat me to it.

Last edited:

Ricardorv71

Reaction score
I have the same problem in my lr3 2005, battery and alternator working and charging well, but i still have a battery warning light on and the radio in low power mode, any one plis can help me? thanks

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo