Bike Rack for Tow Hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jazzy_james

Reaction score
This may be a dumb question but what do I need to hook up a bike rack to the tow hitch. I have a 2006 LR3 HSE, which I believe have the tow hitch. Do I need a receiver too and then whatever bike rack I want? I'm planning on getting a yakima bike rack. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

PicnSav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need one of these.

Attachments

• lr3TowHitchReceiverQuickRelease.jpg
    lr3TowHitchReceiverQuickRelease.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 157

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don't have the LR3 hitch receiver (KNB500023), you need to buy it. This will give you a 'standard' 2 inch square receiver you can use to mount a bike rack.

jazzy_james

Reaction score
Thanks! How much does that receiver usually sell for? Is the dealership my only choice to purchase such receiver?

scottajemd

Reaction score
Reciever

You need to purchase the receiver from Landrover. I just got one, they are very proud of this part.

One thing to keep in mind though, I haul bikes long distance on a lot of trips and the only time I would ever put the bikes on the rear is for around the town and short distance.

The problem is when you go down the road all the fine dust swirls in this area and over time it makes of mess of the fine parts in the bikes. If you add rain and then a dirt road and it can take hours to clean the bike.

I roof mount exclusively and after hauling bikes for many years I only use the Yakima racks and not the fancy ones, the ones where you pull the front tire and lock the forks in will hold until the rack tears of the roof (yes I have done that).

AdvRide

Reaction score
Before you go purchase anything be sure to look in the rear compartment left side panel (If you have 3rd row seats) to see if you have the receiver hitch already. Some have stumbled across this before.

If you do not have the 3rd row seats I think it is stowed under the rear compartment floor.

broiler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before you go purchase anything be sure to look in the rear compartment left side panel (If you have 3rd row seats) to see if you have the receiver hitch already. Some have stumbled across this before.

If you do not have the 3rd row seats I think it is stowed under the rear compartment floor.

Yeah I didn't even realize I had one until after I had bought the vehicle and the hitch receiver was in the rear floor compartment (I don't have the third row seats, and yes that's where it's stored).

jazzy_james

Reaction score
Yeah I didn't even realize I had one until after I had bought the vehicle and the hitch receiver was in the rear floor compartment (I don't have the third row seats, and yes that's where it's stored).

I just checked my 2006 LR3 HSE w/ 3rd row and no hitch receiver. Am I suppose to have one? Which year and model has the hitch receiver? If it suppose to come with the car, I should definitely have it since I have a fully loaded HSE.... Confused...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72