Black door panels won't stay black

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J

jkarwo

My new LR3 is awesome. One problem, the black door trim continuously
changes to shades of grey. Any suggestions to treat these areas?

D

disco1

you could try applying a bumper/plastic treatment, this will work. What is probably happening is the sun is drying the oil out of the trim. Your problem surprises me as this normally doesn't occur for quite some time.

T

toddjb123

Mine does the same thing. There was a post on another forum from someone on the same topic - he figured it is something from the manufacturing process that comes out when the truck is new. His recommendation was treat it with 303 protectant...which kind of cleans it off at the same time. Said it isn't happening as much so maybe the manufacturing residue is almost gone.

But yes, after the first few hundred miles i noticed this. All over my lower front door trip (black plastic/rubber). Kind of annoying I figured I was scuffing it with my shoe or something but it really didn't make sense. It has continued to get worse. Will probably try the protectant as well.

-todd

L

lacarruk1

w6000 said:
I use Pledge, it works

Mine are also getting this white haze. I took it to the dealer today and they offered to replace all of my door panels as they said they are not seeing this on any other LR3.

When you use the Pledge, do you mean LEMON PLEDGE furniture spray? And - Does it last, or do you need to do it every now and then?

Thanks

Kevin

F

Freeflytim

I might believe this as Pledge is just an aerosol wax.. with a smell! Armorall is more of a 'lube.'

W

w6000

I use Pledge from time to time on the interior. I also use it on the exterior trim and the door trim. I found that it was the only thing I tried that got the finger prints off of the shinny door trim

K

KTMLC8

Had the same thing happen on mine as well. White chalky looking residue. I cleaned the door panels with soap and water about 4 times over a 4 week period and it has finally stopped. Definetly seemed like it was leaching out of the door panel material. I tried some Mcguires interior stuff on it first and it came back so I tried the old school way and it worked.

L

lacarruk1

Residue on doors

KTMLC8 said:
Had the same thing happen on mine as well. White chalky looking residue. I cleaned the door panels with soap and water about 4 times over a 4 week period and it has finally stopped. Definetly seemed like it was leaching out of the door panel material. I tried some Mcguires interior stuff on it first and it came back so I tried the old school way and it worked.

What kind of soap? Dishwashing liquid? Or hand soap? I want to give it a try.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM