Black door panels won't stay black

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K

KTMLC8

I will have to give it a look, but it is a Meguire's car wash product. I was simply wringing out the wash towel and giving them a good wipe down each time I washed the truck.

L

lacarruk1

KTMLC8 said:
I will have to give it a look, but it is a Meguire's car wash product. I was simply wringing out the wash towel and giving them a good wipe down each time I washed the truck.

I would greatly appreciate it if you can give me the name of the product.

Thanks!

Kevin

K

KTMLC8

Soap Product Name

Meguire's Gold Class Car Shampoo. Leaves your trucks paint thick and lusterous. That last bit is my bull.

M

mjames007

I have been having the same problem with my 2005 LR3 - Have to try the washing method.

H

hysterwv

The ArmorAll leather wipes worked well for me. I've had my LR3 for 6 weeks. I used the wipes about 5 weeks ago, and have no signs of hazing at this point.

L

lacarruk1

Hazy Doors

I just bought the Meguiar's product and will try it this weekend. My dealer has offered complete door panel replacement, but I am not sure I want my doors taken apart, seals broken, etc... if I can fix it myself with some shampoo. I will reply with my results.

L

lacarruk1

I tried but the haze came back. The dealer has since replaced all of my door panels (4). No more haze!

D

daytomann

Your dealer must be blind if he says that he has never seen this before....I looked at LR3s for the first time ever this weekend.....We were shown 3 demos, I noticed the chalky substance in all 3 demos. It did seem to wipe off with just my finger tips though.

L

lacarruk1

daytomann said:
Your dealer must be blind if he says that he has never seen this before....I looked at LR3s for the first time ever this weekend.....We were shown 3 demos, I noticed the chalky substance in all 3 demos. It did seem to wipe off with just my finger tips though.

SInce they replaced the door panels, no more white haze. I am happy about that!

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As mentioned a few times elsewhere, there is an official cleaning process the dealer can do to "fix" this problem. Obviously, if that doesn't work... they can be replaced.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9