Black Rhino Arsenol 18” Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Strizzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I take it you're not planning on off-roading with that wheel choice (20" rims) since there is a tiny sidewall. I run 275/65/18 on my LR3 which is the same overall size as what you've spec'd but 18" rim and I don't have much rubbing issues. Overall, there are so many variables, it's ultimately hard to say what you'll experience, but this is mine. In the beginning yes, they'll rub, but over time things will settle in. I did flatten (with a hammer) the metal seam under the wheel arch liner in the rear right. I did not relocate my coolant lines in that same area. I also used a heat gun to reform the wheel arch liner a little to make a little more room. I used to run Johnson Rods but haven't used them in years (they live in my glove box now) as I switched to LLAMS system, but I can put my truck in access mode (lower) to enter my garage and still roll and drive into a parking spot w/o rubbing.

I'm still running the bridgestone highway tires on 20" wheels that came with the truck, and they have been surprisingly capable off road, and even still riding nice on the air suspension without airing down so as to not risk the already small sidewall. I have a set of lr3 18s ready to go once I get some tires, but in the meantime the 20s have not yet been a limiting factor.

The highway tires don't do very well in mud, but thats to be expected.

blumountain

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

In short these DO NOT fit on the LR4 but,

I have these on my 2013 LR4 HSE LUX with 275/65/18 BF Goodyear TA/MK3s on them.

the front calipers will need to be altered a little to make them fit. rear is fine
to make the tires fit, part of the frame, the piece that sticks into your wheel well will need to be cut off.

Johnson rods right now, but adding bump stops and increasing the lift by 1 additional Inch with the gap tool as there is still some rubbing on full turn to the right.

iridiumdawn

Reaction score
Update: these 18” wheels do in fact need to have the calipers shaved slightly. Just on the front as per blumountain noted Above
3AA92261-4C7B-4736-A67D-6A0DE492B782.jpeg
24C2277E-6113-4679-86C3-7BD22E2CE510.jpeg
B9C500A9-B62B-4186-8002-50535416FFAF.jpeg

TrinidadLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They look great. Any rubbing otherwise?

Edit: Oops, missed the post above. The issue there might be that you decided to go with 275 65 18s rather than 265s. Anything above a 32 inch is a doozy on these trucks, rods be damned. I run 31.9s and I get slight rubbing.

iridiumdawn

Reaction score
They look great. Any rubbing otherwise?

Edit: Oops, missed the post above. The issue there might be that you decided to go with 275 65 18s rather than 265s. Anything above a 32 inch is a doozy on these trucks, rods be damned. I run 31.9s and I get slight rubbing.
If your referring to my post, no rubbing at all other than full lock. I couldn’t tell if you were commenting on my post or a different one.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut