Blinking headlight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Al Pizzica , interesting. That has never happened to me.

Despite the theme of installing the brightest bulbs possible, I typically don’t. The reason is the brightest intense white bulbs actually provide little “***********” in inclement weather like snow, rain, fog and a lot more reflection.

** Added gripe: The website stripped out the word P E N E T R A T I O N!? Are you kidding me?! Grow up.

For that reason, I’m also experimenting with the fog lightbulbs. I currently have yellow…. but is there a better choice?
Cheers All.
Guy.

***********, hahaha.

I change both bulbs at the same time (Xenons) so the color temperature matches. Over time as they age it changes slightly.

I however did have 1 burnout recently, and threw in one of my old bulbs (Previous to that I had one explode...) They match close enough. Next time around I'm replacing them both, assuming one burns out, I will have another spare.

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having a similar situation on my 2012. My son pulled in the driveway last night and I noticed the drivers side headlight was out... After dinner I went outside to check it out, and when I started the car, it worked fine. This morning, when he went to school, the light came on when he started the car, but after about 1 minute of it warming up, it went out. Not sure if I would call that "blinking", but does that sound similar to what you experienced? Hoping the repair is just a bulb swap and not something electrical.
Mine was blinking on/off within a second or so. The bulb itself was broken when I pulled it out. The bulb swap is so easy. Land Rover spend time making sure the bulb could be changed at the auto parts store in the dark. I purchased the Osram brand and they come in a set for ~$100. One Silvania at Oriellys was like $140. The bulbs that were in there were the same brand.

RoverTide

Reaction score
Mine was blinking on/off within a second or so. The bulb itself was broken when I pulled it out. The bulb swap is so easy. Land Rover spend time making sure the bulb could be changed at the auto parts store in the dark. I purchased the Osram brand and they come in a set for ~$100. One Silvania at Oriellys was like $140. The bulbs that were in there were the same brand.
Thanks. Oddly, mine hasn't gone out since the other night... not sure what to think about that.

TheWidup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would think it is a problem that could happen again.
I would highly doubt that it would. I'd say the odds of that happening are very low and rare. I just had one go out and the other was melted on the base so was probably soon to go out. I replaced both with the Sylvania Silverstar Ultra and they are so much brighter than the oems that I had. Really happy with the result.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72