Blowing fuse # 20 98 RR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigtimer24

Reaction score
Has anyone had this problem with the fuse for the driver side seat blowing without making any adjustments to the seat? If so, what should I be looking for to avoid taking it to the dealer and handing over a house payment for a simple fix?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Fuse 20 can also be for the seat heater... do you have the seat heater turned on when this happens?

bigtimer24

Reaction score
Fuse 20 can also be for the seat heater... do you have the seat heater turned on when this happens?

No, because the seat heaters haven't worked in years. The fuse seems to blow a few minutes after I put it in. For example: Replace fuse and I have enough time to run around and adjust my driver seat. Once I stop fiddling with the seat about 30 seconds later fuse blows. Any Ideas?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I would start with looking for frayed wires under the seat. Sounds like a short.

Try swapping the switches from driver and passenger and see if the issue follows.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink