Bluetooth Freakishness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T

txlr3

The strangest thing just happened. I was on my cell phone, walking out to the LR3, talking to my wife, I used the keyfob to unlock the doors and all of a sudden, she stopped talking in my ear. The call had not dropped, I could still see the timer clicking off seconds on the call.

I was really not sure what happened when I looked at my phone display and it showed bluetooth active. I punched the radio button on the dash and lo and behold, there was my wife, on the speakers. I had not put the key in, turned on the car or anything. I find this somewhat perplexing.

So, this all leads to some questions:
Is the bluetooth transmitter running all the time?
Did unlocking the car turn it on?
Anyone else experience call-jacking as they walked by their car?

Thoughts?

I

iwhound

Happens to me all the time. I'll put something in my truck and then answer my phone and find out that the bluetooth in the truck has taken the call. I just press the "use handset" button on my phone quickly and take the call. Took me a few times to figure out what was happening though.

bizdack

Reaction score
Actually, I think this has to do with the phone setting also...

In my case, my bluetooth "pairing" requires confirmation each time. So in your example, upon unlocking the door, systems are active by then and the BT "pairing" process doesn't occur until I confirm so in my handset.

I do find it a hassle sometimes to confirm each "pairing" but I guess it could also be a blessing.

You're handset, upon detection of an authorized BT pair authenticates automatically without confirmation.

Hope this helps and just my .02 cents :)

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, unlocking the car turns on the head unit... and the Bluetooth features. If I unlock closer to my car, I have time to get the car started before the pairing gets triggered... so the conversation just continues on the vehcile PTI. If I slack, it goes into limbo until I turn the vehicle on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
9ineballer